Samba 2.0.4.b and NT4WS

Gordon Smith gordon at hortauto.co.nz
Wed Jun 2 21:43:22 GMT 1999

I have Samba set up as a PDC on my network. Since upgrading to 2.0.4b
I've been getting the error "RPC failed" when browsing to the Samba
server via Explorer. Works fine on 95 and 98 clients.
The NT boxes are configured as belonging to the network as a workgroup,
not a domain, as I couldn't get them set up with the user having local
admin rights. I haven't found a way to add the \\domain\user to the
local administrator group. I'm sure I must be missing something obvious.

Any tips on either of these problems would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Gordon Smith
Network Administrator

Horticultural Automation Ltd