Scope ID and Joining a Domain

Mark Ingles inglesm at email.spjc.cc.fl.us
Wed Jun 2 17:26:40 GMT 1999

Hello all,

I seem to have the same problem that Justo had. I have an NT domain set up
that uses a netbios Scope ID. He mentioned
 "I recompile Samba code with changes in smbpasswd.c
   to support -i <scope id> parameter."

Is this a configure option? or is it part of the cvs tree? I'm currently
using 2.0.4b.

This is the error I get:
./smbpasswd -j spjc.admin -r wild
modify_trust_password: machine WILD rejected the session setup. Error was :
code 131.
1999/06/02 12:16:34 : change_trust_account_password: Failed to change
password for domain SPJC.ADMIN.
Unable to join domain SPJC.ADMIN.

Wild is the name of the PDC, and I have added an account for the machine in
server manager.
It will show up in Network Neighborhood if I use the -i option with nmbd. I
have running smbpasswd with smbd/nmbd running and without. After running, I
do get a "MACHINE.SID" file in the private directory, but no
domain.host.MAC file.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Mark