Samba-Server on NT-PDC = BDC???

Matt Chapman matty at samba.org
Wed Jun 2 14:26:26 GMT 1999

Mathias Boettger wrote:

> Why this? The option "domain logons = yes" doesn't affect joining domain!
> I've to join domain bevore I start samba server.

I was assuming that you are using the latest CVS code, for which setting both
"security = domain" and "domain logons = yes" activates my experimental BDC
code. That also applies to the behaviour of smbpasswd, even if you are not
running smbd at the time.

Disregard this if you are using the 2.0 series.

	Matt

--
Matthew "Austin" Chapman
SysAdmin, Developer, Samba Team Member

"I have a dream... that one day, my three little children will be
judged not on the quality of their character, but on the content of
their code..."