Then, anyone can tell me about "unable to join domain"??

Justo Alonso Achaques justo at creditoycaucion.es
Wed Jun 2 08:01:34 GMT 1999

On Wed, 2 Jun 1999, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

> ah.  PDCSERVER is _your_ name for the server (due to the lmhost entry).
> however, the machine at 172.17.1.1 is probably an nt box not a samba box
> and is probably not called PDCSERVER.

  No, the PDCSERVER is a nt box, and the IP number is 172.17.1.1.
  I made a entry in the lmhosts file because in the debug messages
  don't find it (then find with dns service).

  Can be a problem with the scope id???.

  On my net I have a non-blank scope id. It can be the problem in the
  "smbpasswd -j MYDOMAIN -r PDCSERVER" command??

  I have reading the man page of smbpasswd and I haven't find any
  reference to the scopy id (no argument for modify it!!!)

comments??... thankx, in advance.

Justo