Two questions ...

Diego Cimarosa dcimaro at ipruniv.cce.unipr.it
Wed Jun 2 07:25:21 GMT 1999

 Hi all samba-gurus !

First, thanks for this wonderful software ... it ... SIMPLE ... works (and,
in Micro$soft Land ... is quite strange !)

Two questions :

a) How can I trace Windows9x disconnect ?
    I tried with postexec but it is not raised when disconnecting from
Windoze.
    In /home/samba/netlogon/scripts I have <machine>.bat that work fine
    (I got "Windows NT Logon script command" during startup). In
/etc/smb.conf I have in [netlogon] an
    "exec = echo "%T %u connect from %m" >> /tmp/"%u".pex

b) It is possible configure Outlook to leave mail on server ? and how ?
     In my lab I have more 300 students account, 25 PCs, and I don't want
use roaming profiles so they use
     telnet and pine to e-mail. Good ... but not enough for all.

What else ?

- Linux RedHat 5.02
- Samba 2.0.2 19990209

(Thanks to Gerald Carter <cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU> I hacked MPRSERV.DLL to
force domain logons ...)

CIAO !