installing exchange server

Balaji Srinivasan balaji at cplane.com
Tue Jun 1 23:00:18 GMT 1999

Hi Everyone
So far we have had several problems with using samba as our PDC but i have
not yet given up on it.
Problem 1)

Situation: Setting samba as PDC and having a NT workstation join the
	   domain.
Problem  : Setting the protocol in smb.conf to be LANMAN1/2 allws the NT
           machine to print but the win98 machines cannot see long file
           names.
           Setting the protocol to be NT1 allows the win98 machines to see
           long file names but then the NT machine cannot print.

Problem 2)
	We are trying to install Exchange server on a NT terminal server
        box. After installation we are not able to add any users to the
        exchange server if we ask it to use the primary NT account from
        the existing domain account.

If someone needs more information then please ask me. We are desparate to
get this to work.

thanks a lot in advance
balaji