Not able to join domain!

Mathias Boettger us-guest at mms-dresden.telekom.de
Tue Jun 1 11:14:43 GMT 1999

Greg Dickie schrieb:

> Are you sure there is no other detailed error message? Please include all of
> the output from smbpasswd.
>
> Greg
>
> On 01-Jun-99 Mathias Boettger wrote:
> > I did everything explained in the documentation on the samba homepage
> > "Joining an NT Domain with Samba 2.0".
> > All options set in the smb.conf are correct (I think). Still there is
> > the problem that the string "smbpasswd -j <domain> -r <pdc>" doesn't
> > work. The error-message is "Unable to join domain". Why that? Also the
> > Samba-Machine has been added to the PDC.
> >
> > Please help me!

> Greg Dickie
> Just A Guy*
> *from discreet (the logic is gone)
> Montreal
> (514) 954-7171
> greg at discreet.com

OK.

This is the error messege I get when I try to join the domain (or is it the
PDC?):

./smbpasswd -j <name of the samba-server> -r <name of the PDC>

The following appears:

load_client_codepage: filename /usr/local/samba/lib/codepages/codepage.850 does
not exist.
cli_net_auth2: Error NT_STATUS_NO_TRUST_SAM_ACCOUNT
cli_nt_setup_creds: auth2 challenge failed
modify_trust_password: unable to setup PDC credentials to machine <name of the
PDC>. Error was: NT_STATUS_NO_TRUST_SAM_ACCOUNT.
1999/06/01 13:13:38 : change_trust_account_password: Failed to change password
fpr domain <name of the samba-server>
Unable to join domain <name of the samba-server>

So what's the problem with the domain?

Thanks in advance.