Then, anyone can tell me about "unable to join domain"??

justo at creditoycaucion.es justo at creditoycaucion.es
Tue Jun 1 08:03:42 GMT 1999

Greg Dickie wrote:

> OK my NT admin. skills are weak (I just use samba) but if you just add the name
> of the samba machine in the server manager for the domain, the password on that
> account should be initialized to the correct password. I was wrong, it seems
> there is no way to set the password in server-manager so just create the
> account and then try to join.

    Well, my NT admin skills are least than yours, sure. I added the machine
account in Server Manager,
    I added a user account in User Manager for Domain with the name of my netbios
name of the Samba
   Server (in upper case, with and without  $ appended), and the password is the
netbios name (in lower case).
   This user account, have permission to add machines to the domain.

   Nothing. The error are the same, ever:

   # smbpasswd -j MYDOMAIN -r PDCSERVER
   modify_trust_password: machine PDCSERVER rejected the session setup. Error was
: code 131.
   1999/06/01 09:46:15 : change_trust_account_password: Failed to change password
for domain MYDOMAIN.
   Unable to join domain MYDOMAIN.
   #

Justo.