Passwd Sync - REDHAT LINUX

Hendrik den Hartog hendrik at pasadena.school.nz
Thu Jul 29 21:06:11 GMT 1999

On Fri 30 Jul, Paulo Afonso Graner Fessel wrote:

> 	Please take a look in an article I've posted here:
>
> 	http://us1.samba.org/listproc/samba-ntdom/5777.html
>
> 	Seems to work with me, for the Samba RPM from Samba Team and
>       RedHat 6.0.

   Interesting. But, If I read correctly [ and please point out if I'm
   wrong] you don't need to supply the old/original passwd for utility
   to effect the change?

   Also interestingly, I have had one response [privately] that has
   PW sync working fine on RedHat - but they don't use SAMBA RPMs,
   [i.e. they compile from the source]

   I'd be interested to know if this sync problem on RedHat only occurs
   when using Pre-Compiled RPM versions?

   Cheers!
   Hendrik

--
       Hendrik den Hartog:PASADENA INTERMEDIATE SCHOOL:Auckland-NZ
       hendrik at pasadena.school.nz <> http://www.pasadena.school.nz