joining a domain from a command line

Gerald Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Wed Jul 28 20:30:19 GMT 1999

Folks,

Someone at LISA NT pointed this out to me.  Dandy little
tool from the Resource kit.  I know others have asked
about such a means in the past.

Cheers,
jerry
netdom /domain:ENG-NT member SQUEAL /joindomain
NetDom 1.7 @1997. Written by Christophe Robert (chrisrob at microsoft.com).

Searching PDC for domain ENG-NT ...
Found PDC \\KEATING
Connecting to \\KEATING ...
Querying domain information on PDC \\KEATING ...
Querying domain information on computer \\SQUEAL ...
Computer \\SQUEAL is currently in workgroup ENG.
Verifying if computer account exists on \\KEATING ...
Saving secure channel password ...
Changing LSA domain information on computer \\SQUEAL ...
Updating trusted domain ...
Changing startup of service NETLOGON on \\SQUEAL.
Stopping service NETLOGON on \\SQUEAL ... stopped.
Starting service NETLOGON on \\SQUEAL .... started.
Querying user groups of \\SQUEAL ...
Adding ENG-NT domain groups on \\SQUEAL ...

The computer \\SQUEAL joined the domain ENG-NT successfully.

Logoff/Logon \\SQUEAL to take modifications into effect.

                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter

                                  - Sting "Message in a Bottle" ( 1979 )