SWAT in HEAD won't let me authenrized!!

Matthias Wächter matthias at waechter.wol.at
Tue Jul 27 09:15:06 GMT 1999

On Tue, 27 Jul 1999, Ma Gui Sheng wrote:

> 	I have installed the HEAD branch 2.1.prealphaX on my Redhat 6.0, but after I
> have correctly setuped and installed , SWAT won't let me authenrized. Every time I use
> swat by www,it will tell me "authenrized fail" , I am sure the username and passwd are
> correct. While the MAIN branch 2.0.5a is alright.
> 	What is the matter?

Some lines of Code are missing checking the shadow password. Either
include them from 2.0.x (I think you don't know what they are :-)) or put
our password from /etc/shadow to /etc/passwd.

That's why unencrypted passwords w/o smbpasswd don't work either, I think.

You can also change the call to swat in /etc/inetd.conf from "... swat" to
"... swat -a", so no authorization is checked. This way you at least can
administer Samba with swat. Well, the status page is broken, too....

BTW: To the community: Where do I put my diffs and how do I create them
best? Do I get a CVS account or do I send text diffs by email?

> BTW  Does the 2.0.5a includes the PDC code?

The level is very different. You can't speak of "the PDC code", but
actually, since at least 2.0.3 PDC works fine, without usage of any NT
admin tool though. Bad grouping functionality, but Domain Admins work
perfectly.

Sehr Wus,
- Matthias

--
Bunt ist das Dasein und granatenstark. Und: Volle Kanne, Hoschis!
                         aus: "Bill und Teds verrückte Reise durch die Zeit"