Domain Group Map

David Bannon D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
Mon Jul 26 22:50:46 GMT 1999

At 06:04 AM 27/07/1999 +1000, Michael Rasumoff wrote:

>The problem I am facing is the Domain Admins grouping. I have tried adding
it in different places in the smb.conf files but they all return invalid
parameter.

>I've installed versions 2.0.0, 2.0.3. 2.0.3b, and am now running 2.0.5a. I
tried using cvs ....

You need the cvs version (to do it this way). It will not work with the
2.0.x versions (or didn't...).

In smb.conf :
   domain group map = /usr/local/samba/lib/domaingroup.map

In the file domaingroup.map :
	adm="Domain Admins"

In /etc/group :
	adm::4:root,adm,daemon,dbannon,andrew,s_admin

Now anyone in the unix group 'adm' will have admininistrator rights when
they logon (using their own user name and password) to an NT that is a
member of the domain. In the case above only the last three names are
relevent, the others don't have valid smbpasswd entries.

Very easy.

David

to download the source and compile it but I still got the same results. I
have seen in many places you mention this is in the development code only
and the FAQ tells you were to find it. But in truth the FAQ doesn't tell
you exactly where to find it. Also in the book there is no mention of
needing a special version.

>Can you please tell me exactly what I need to do to enable these Domain
Admin groups?

David Bannon                      D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
School of Biochemistry            Phone 61 03 9479 2197
La Trobe University, Plenty Rd,   Fax   61 03 9479 2467
Bundoora, Vic, Australia, 3083    http://bioserve.latrobe.edu.au