I'm a little confused about samba HEAD, Win98, Winnt en Domain Administrator

Florian Laws florian at void.s.bawue.de
Sat Jul 24 17:26:25 GMT 1999

On Fri, Jul 23, 1999 at 12:18:51AM +1000, Samuel Liddicott wrote:

> I my domainuser.map is
>
> root=sam
>
> and my windows login is sam, does this make me administrator and run all my
> sessions as root?

I think your connections would be run as root and you had full access
to the shared Unix filesystems, but you would not be Administrator on
the NT Workstation.

> If my domaingroup.map is
>
> adm= "Domain Admins"
>
> How can I belong to a group called "Domain Admins" in order for it to be
> translated to the unix group "adm" ?

I think it works the other way round: Your Unix user account has to be member
of the Unix group "adm" for it to be translated to the NT group "Domain Admins"

> And as for localgroup.map
>
> wheel = BUILTIN\Administrators
>
> How do I fit into either one of those?

Should be the same. Your Unix account has to be member of those groups.

HTH,

Florian