socket address / bind interfaces only ?

Gerald Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Sat Jul 24 12:47:26 GMT 1999

Volker.Lendecke at SerNet.DE wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I am a bit confused about the exact meanings of the parameters socket
> address, bind interfaces only and interfaces. If I wanted to use 2.1
> for PDC services and 2.0 for file/print services on the same machine,
> what smb.conf settings would you suggest for the two instances?

Volker,

use

	interfaces = aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd/24
	socket address = aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd

replacing aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd with the IP if the interface you
want to use for the smbd/nmbd.  I never had to use the
'bind interfaces' option, but if you want, set it to yes.

Cheers,
jerry
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter

                                  - Sting "Message in a Bottle" ( 1979 )