Clarification

Giulio Orsero giulioo at tiscalinet.it
Wed Jul 21 07:04:16 GMT 1999

On Wed, 21 Jul 1999 09:15:54 +1000, hai scritto:

> So now I need some help on the work-around, anybody have a
> work-around?

Basically, if you use [homes] every user will see a different share name:
\\server\user1
\\server\user2
So "net use x: /home" comes to the rescue.
If you put profiles elsewhere, you can't use the above, so you need a way to
have all users to see "the same share-name" which points to a different real
dir on the server.

This solution has been suggested by  martin at bundy.internet-treff.uni-koeln.de
(Martin Bialasinski):

============
I stopped using "use net o: /home". Instead, I have defined a new share

[myhome]
   comment = The homedir
   browseable = no
   path=/home/%U
   read only = no
   create mask = 0600
   directory mask = 0700

and connect a drive letter to it. Works like I want it to do.

This way all users will see only
\\server\myhome
but the same share will point to different home-dirs on the server
you can use
net use x: \\server\myhome
for all users.

giulioo at tiscalinet.it