Clarification

Kevin Colby kevinc at grainsystems.com
Tue Jul 20 13:47:18 GMT 1999

Hendrik den Hartog wrote:

>  For Profiles on Win95/98 - If I've understood this correctly,
>  if using roving profiles, these can only be stored in the users
>  HOME directory, and not in a seperate Profile share?

If I recall correctly, the docs mention putting profiles under
home directories is a bad idea.  I forget the details of why,
but it had to do with the "not-really-logging-out" bug in Windows.
Subsequent other users' logins would be unable to find their
own profiles because the profile share is still mapped for the
previous user or somesuch.

Don't quote me on this, but check it out.

	- Kevin Colby
	  kevinc at grainsystems.com