Clarification

Giulio Orsero giulioo at tiscalinet.it
Tue Jul 20 11:14:14 GMT 1999

On Tue, 20 Jul 1999 19:51:12 +1000, hai scritto:

> For Profiles on Win95/98 - If I've understood this correctly, if using
> roving profiles, these can only be stored in the users HOME directory,
> and not in a seperate Profile share? Is this right?
No, you can set the share where profiles are with "logon path" parameter, for
example:
logon path = \\%L\Profiles\%U
It's better not to leave roaming profiles in homedir (it's explained in the
samba docs).
However if you put the roaming profiles not in the homedir, then
net use x: /home
won't do what you expect anymore, it'll map the profile share instead of the
home dir; to workaround this you'll have to delete [homes] and create a custom
homedir share.

> to Share a Directory from the Win98 client - should I be able to 'see'
> a list of users whom I can 'Add' to give access to the Share?
No, this is not implemented in 2.0.x.

> If no, any work-arounds?
Yes, see:
http://bstc.net/~brian/docs/
You have to edit the registry, or use a script which creates *.reg files you
then put in the registry.

>Does it work with the branch code?
I think it should, but I didn't try.

giulioo at tiscalinet.it