Problems with Samba PDC, RPC Errors

John Parsons ees3jp at ee.surrey.ac.uk
Mon Jul 19 13:23:39 GMT 1999

I have the latest HEAD code of 2.1.0, dated 19/07/99.  I have it set up as a
Domain Controller for my domain SCSNT.

Here is the Global section of my smb.conf:

[global]

  netbios name = HAN
  workgroup = SCSNT
  domain master = yes
  load printers = no

#  wins support = yes
  domain logons = yes
  logon path = \\naboo\profiles\%U
  security = user
  encrypt passwords = yes
#  null passwords = yes
#  update encrypted = yes
#  unix password sync = yes

  domain group map = /opt/PDsamba/lib/domaingroup.map
  domain user map = /opt/PDsamba/lib/domainuser.map
  local group map = /opt/PDsamba/lib/localgroup.map

  logon script = motd.bat
#  logon drive = M:
#  logon home = \\han\%U

# Default share options (mostly for printing)

  printing = bsd
  print command = /usr/local/bin/lpr.sh %p %s
  lpq command = /usr/local/bin/lpq.sh %p
  lprm command = /usr/local/bin/lprm.sh %p %j

  printer driver = Apple LaserWriter II NT
  public = no
  path = /var/spool/samba
  create mode = 0700
  directory mode = 0700
  writable = no

# Keep at bottom of global

  include = /etc/smb.conf

----

When logged on as administrator, mapped to root in the domainuser.map file,
I can run the User Manager for Domains, but cannot run Policies -> User
Rights without getting 'The Remote Procedure Call Failed' errors.  I need to
allow access to the NT box for all users.  I cannot log in as any other
user, despite them existing in the smbpasswd file.
I also get RPC errors when I do other tasks in the User Manager for Domains.

Should I be running anything else on the UNIX end to get RPC to function
properly, or even on the NT box itself?

Cheers

John

John R Parsons            Tel: 01483 876112
Computer Support Officer  Mob: 0836 248733
School of EE, IT & M      Fax: 01483 534139
University of Surrey
Guildford
Surrey
GU2 5XH