HELP!! PDOXUSRS.NET database lockfile issue?

Sean E. Millichamp sean at compu-aid.com
Fri Jul 16 01:19:12 GMT 1999

On Fri, 16 Jul 1999, Bryan Harper (Work) wrote:

> I had the same problem when I upgrade to RH 6. I fixed by setting
> oplocks = false in the appropriate section.
> If any one has a better solution I'm all ears.

If the problem is what I think it is, it's a glibc 2.1 bug.  There is an
updated RPM at ftp.samba.org with a Samba workaround.  Red Hat seemed
somewhat uninterested in releasing an official update but I'll bet you can
find an updated RPM in their rawhide area.

As for Caldera, I don't know... if it's using glibc2.1 I'd bet it's the
same problem.  If Caldera isn't using glibc 2.1 then I'm stumped.

Best,
Sean