Strange errors...

F. Ross Lord frlord at webmethods.com
Mon Jul 12 20:38:51 GMT 1999

I have a WinNT 4.0 Server running IIS that is joined to a samba domain with
a linux PDC.  Sometimes when users try go connect via "Network Neighborhood"
the get an error that says "Security ID structure is invalid".  MS says this
is an ERROR_INVALID_SID error message, but they don't have any useful
information on it.

When the machine is accessed through a browser, sometimes you will get the
"security ID structure is invalid" error message, but you can get past it by
hit reload/refresh until it goes away (usual 2-5 times).

If anyone has any clues, I can make smb.conf and logs available.

Thanks again.

 -- frl