smbpasswd -r as root?

Iain Rae iainr at civ.hw.ac.uk
Fri Jul 9 17:44:27 GMT 1999

Apologies if this has been asked before but I can't find it in the
archives.

Is it possible to add  users remotely using smbpasswd?

smbpasswd -a -r <controller> -U <adminaccount> <newuser>

just gives me the help information

equally is it possible to do

smbpasswd -r <controller> -U <adminaccount> <newuser>

to change his password.

or should I just dig out ssh?

| Iain Rae               | Tel: 0131 449 5111 Ext 4406 (Day)(but I'm never in)|
| Computing Officer.     | Any Opinions I am able to form are my own and in no|
| Civil & Offshore Eng.  | way reflect those of my employers.                 |
| Heriot-Watt University.| Well that's my opinion anyway.                     |