How unstable is the CVS source?: smbpasswd

jpelsner at emag.de jpelsner at emag.de
Tue Jul 6 14:39:15 GMT 1999

Hi everybody,

I just downloaded the cvs tree and compiled it. I was trying to set the
encrypted passwords, when I got a segfault:

---

verleihnix:/usr/local/samba/bin# ./smbpasswd -a -m idefix -D99
search by name: idefix$
startfilepwent: opening file /usr/local/samba/private/smbpasswd
getfileline: skipping comment or blank line
getfileline: skipping comment or blank line
getfileline: skipping comment or blank line
getsmbfilepwent: returning passwd entry for unix user root, unix uid 0
unixuser:root uid:0 acb:10
pwdb_smb_map_names
lookupsmbpwnam: unix user name root
lookupsmbpwuid: unix uid 0
initialising map
lookupsmbpwuid: unix uid 0
endfilepwent: closed file.
pwdb_smb_map_names
pwdb_smb_map_names
lookupsmbpwuid: unix uid 801
lookupsmbpwntnam: nt user name idefix$
name 'idefix$' split into domain: and nt name:idefix$'
startfilepwent: opening file /usr/local/samba/private/smbpasswd
getfileline: skipping comment or blank line
getfileline: skipping comment or blank line
getfileline: skipping comment or blank line
getsmbfilepwent: returning passwd entry for unix user root, unix uid 0
unixuser:root uid:0 acb:10
Segmentation fault
verleihnix:/usr/local/samba/bin#

---