Big Plunge - NT Server Died, I installed latest Samba and

Gerald Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Fri Jan 29 22:18:30 GMT 1999

Todd Stiers wrote:

> is broken. From NT I get:
>
> \\Carver is not accessible
>
> The Server service is not started.

This has been posted before.  I think we're still working
on a fix.  (Someone correct me if I'm wrong)

> I am playing with the share permissions and still getting the
> same results.

Need some method of setting the permissions via a command
line.  Don;t have any of these available alothough I do have
a set of commercial tools for local NTFS file permissions.
The explorer.exe interface is broken.

> Win95 can't talk to other NT machines in the
> domain either, though I can users in via the NT
> dom fine.

Yup.  Known bug.  Don;t know what the status is though.

jerry
SAMBA team