Encrypted passwords really necessary for PDC ?

Andrew Perrin - Demography aperrin at demog.Berkeley.EDU
Wed Jan 27 16:31:16 GMT 1999

WRONG -- mksmbpasswd only creates the file, but puts blank passwords in
it. As has been pointed out multiple times on this list and elsewhere,
there is no way to morph an /etc/passwd file into an smbpasswd file. You
have to set up one or another hack for keeping them in sync.

Andrew J. Perrin - aperrin at demog.berkeley.edu - NT/Unix Admin/Support
Department of Demography    -    University of California at Berkeley
2232 Piedmont Avenue #2120  -    Berkeley, California, 94720-2120 USA
http://demog.berkeley.edu/~aperrin --------------------------SEIU1199