LDAP to replace smbpasswd

Matt Chapman m.chapman at student.unsw.edu.au
Tue Jan 26 21:26:45 GMT 1999

Carlos del Castillo Peralta wrote:

> I'm very interested in this thing too. I'm trying to use nss_ldap so I
> can use a Directory to control my users. But I need some solution  for
> NT accounts. may be I can use the Netscape Directory Server Sync.
> Program To syng info between NT and LDAP. But I think that would be a
> great idea to use samba instead of an NT machine.
>
>         If anyone knows about LDAP support in Samba please tell me.

The LDAP support in Samba is still not production-quality, however you are
welcome to try it out.

Indeed I have written the Samba code to be compatible with RFC2307, so it should
work nicely with nss_ldap.

You need the latest CVS code (not Samba 2.0.0). Read docs/htmldocs/LDAP.html or
docs/textdocs/LDAP.txt for an overview.

    Matt

--
Matt Chapman