PDC upgrade from beta4 to 2.0 failure

Jean Francois Micouleau Jean-Francois.Micouleau at dalalu.fr
Sat Jan 23 14:31:21 GMT 1999

On Sat, 23 Jan 1999, Ignacio Coupeau wrote:

> We are using the 2.0.0 as PDC in linux(2.0.36)-intel, without problems
> in 3 domains with several hundreds of NT4.0-SP3 ws ... perhaps the only
> thing we are tested are:
>         1. a little more tendency from the NT ws to "abandon" the domain

Did you have this problem only when you upgraded from a 2.0beta to 2.0.0
final or every 7 days when a NT WKS wants to change its password ?

>         2. more bottlenecks (timeouts) when a classroom log at same time
> (perhaps 60 ws)

On the same hardware I benchmarked Samba 2.0.0beta4 to be between 5 and 10
times faster than an NT PDC with 24 users logging at the same time.

> Is the 2.0B5 is more stable than 2.0.0 as PDC?

I don't think so. If you have problems with 2.0.0 that you didn't have
with 2.0beta5, please reports them.

	J.F.