Passwd/smbpasswd Sync

Sean Mathews mathewss at nutech.com
Fri Jan 22 18:54:18 GMT 1999

 I could be wrong on this but as i understand it
the actual password in the smbpasswd is not
the same password as in the /etc/passwd file.

 When you add a user to the smbpasswd file
you are required to provide a password for the
user this only touches the smbpasswd file it
reads the info from the /etc/passwd file for
verification that the user exists and other checks.

if you change the /etc/passwd password for a user
it has no effect on the smbpasswd file. The only
info that is used by the /etc/passwd file is group
information and home directory etc. Just some things
i have found to be cairfull of.. Make sure userid's in
the /etc/passwd file are unique, and that any changes to
them are mirrored to the smbpasswd file.

 Regards
  Sean Mathews Nu Tech CTO

struct SoftwareProfessional {
  double salary;