Print serving with samba domain (linux) and NT4

Thomas Reifferscheid reiffert at student.physik.uni-mainz.de
Thu Jan 21 15:01:28 GMT 1999

Maybe you should try out to take only directory names with max. 8
letters. that is what i have reported a couple of days ago ..
\\host\printer$\lj4000 <- works for me,
\\host\printer$\lj4000pcl6 <- does not work.

I'm not quite sure, but i think i once made a successfull
printer-driver-installation on NT for the hp dj690c with the printer$
share and the printers.def file ?!

lets think whats on to be done for printerdriver installation for NT:

the NT-PC has to announce itself as NT while trying to get
printerdrivers information, samba has to recognize this.
i guess there should be no major problem to devide between no
announcement (win9x) and NT, is there ?

whats planned for printer-drivers for samba 2.1 ?

Thomas

--
Thomas Reifferscheid             www: http://www.uni-mainz.de/~reift005
email: H0PS at gmx.net  *  reiffert at iphcip1.physik.uni-mainz.de
smail: Wittichweg 45 Zi. 908 * 55128 Mainz * GERMANY phone: +49 6131
236555