Samba Server as NT PDC

yevy at netscape.net yevy at netscape.net
Wed Jan 20 17:01:36 GMT 1999

I am new to Linux and Samba and want to know if it is possible to have my
Linux box which is now running Samba 2.0, installed last night, to be a PDC
for my NT4.0 workstation.  If this is possible, is there any place where I can
get step-by-step instructions on how to accomplish this?  Anotherwards, Samba
for Dummies.  I plead ignorance about networks and tcp/ip as well.

I have managed to at least allow my NT workstation to telnet and ftp to the
linux box, but establishing a connection takes a couple of minutes and am at a
loss as to why it takes so long.

I have read most of the documentation that comes with Samba, but frankly, I
think it assumes that the person who is reading it has some knowledge on the
subject already.

I have tried to use Swat, but even it doesn't seem to provide enough
information to use Samba.

Eugene A. Yefimov
yevy at netscape.net