how to kill a connection?

Greg Dickie greg at discreet.com
Mon Jan 18 20:33:34 GMT 1999

Hi,

   I want to do something sneaky and make an easy way to update users'
smbpasswd entries. Basically I'm adding a netbios alias on my password server
and then using an include with %L to define update encrypted and a dummy share.
What I'd like to do is have users connect to this dummy share, update their
passwords and then be disconnected with a message that it has been changed.

The message part is easy enough, it's the auto-kickoff that I'm having trouble
with. Maybe deadtime=1?

Any ideas?

TIA,
Greg