CTRL-ALT-DEL Password Change Problem

Gerald Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Sun Jan 17 19:13:21 GMT 1999

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

> > Probably there is a -1 conversion issue with
> > pass_can_change_time, as there was
> > with pass_must_change_time.
>
> good point.  although gerald fixed this (thanx!) although
> there may be more to it.
>
> basically, all these problems started occurring when
> i stopped returning 0x7fff ffff ffff ffff for time-fields.

Could be some more somewhere.  The current code set's the
last_change_time and can_change_time to be the same.  If the user
had a last_change_time field in his or her embpasswd entry,
then that it used, otherwise the fields are set to the
current time.  The pass_must_change_time is set to the current
time + 42 days, so it should not come into play.

Check the pwdb_smb_to_sam() function in lib/util_pwdb.c i think.

I only fixed it in the HEAD branch.  I did not commit the fix to
the 2.0 branch.  I don;'t even think I looked to see if it was
there anyways.

jerry
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter

                                  - Sting "Message in a Bottle" ( 1979 )