unix password sync not behaving

Phil Steinke lintec at engsoc.queensu.ca
Mon Jan 11 04:08:52 GMT 1999

On Mon, 11 Jan 1999, Gerald Carter wrote:

> Did you use the domain group map files in 2.1 prealpha?  I'm just
> curious because I beginning to theink that it is the group
> database code that is causing the "invalid policy" thingy.
> I don't get it here.

I had the option set in my smb.conf, but the file it pointed was empty.  I
figured it'd just map all my UNIX domains, and didn't have anything I
wanted to overide.  I originally had mapped a group to administrators, but
then deleted that line (hence the empty file).

The local group and domain user maps do exist, and contain entries as per
the NT-DOM FAQ.

Phil