ERROR: No disk free routine

Per Mathisen permath at ifi.ntnu.no
Fri Jan 8 16:17:25 GMT 1999

After having successfully built and used samba 2.0 pre-releases for
a long time on Linux, I decided to upgrade our Solaris 2.6 samba to
2.0.0beta5. However, during configure, I get "ERROR: No disk free
routine". Could anyone give me a clue? I hope this is not an FAQ.

These are probably the relevant portions of the configure output:

checking how to get filesystem space usage
checking statvfs64 function (SVR4)... (cached) no
checking statvfs function (SVR4)... (cached) no
checking configure summary ERROR: No disk free routine!
configure: error: summary failure. Aborting config 515:115

This is what configure tried to link (from config.log):

configure:9364: gcc -o conftest -O -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE
-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 conftest.c -lsec -lsocket -lnsl
-ldl -lpam 1>&5
configure: failed program was:
#line 9360 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"