extra info

Gerald W. Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Thu Jan 7 23:00:29 GMT 1999

On Fri, 8 Jan 1999, Phil Steinke wrote:

> Sorry about the frequent posting, but I just noticed this.  Each time I
> try to login to my Samba PDC, the logfile for the machine attempting the
> login gets a line like this:
>
> [1999/01/07 17:08:38, 0] passdb/sampassdb.c:pwdb_sam_map_names(517)
>   UNIX User root Primary Group is in the wrong domain! S-1-5-32-544
>
> could this be something to do with the domaingroup.map file?  I'm still
> new to those, but I followed the instructions in the NT-DOM faq to set it
> up.  Thanks again..

Phil.  See if you can login without using the group mapping functionality.

	* comment out the "domain group map", "local group map"
	  and "domain users map" from smb.conf.
	* restart Samba
	* login using a normal account in the private/smbpasswd file

See what happens.  This will take the mapping code out of the loop for
now.

jerry
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter

                                  - Sting "Message in a Bottle" ( 1979 )