Downloading Profiles/Policies (slow connection)

Wolfgang Ratzka wolfgang.ratzka at gmx.de
Sun Feb 28 15:59:52 GMT 1999

Nuno Loureiro wrote:

> But in my case is 10BaseT, so we should never get this message :/

I get the message when I store user profiles on a samba server.
My interpretation is that the authentication process is taking
very long (we have ~9000 users in /etc/passwd) and therefore
samba has a slow start, which leads NT to expect (quite wrongly ;-)
overal slow performance..

--
Wolfgang Ratzka (per Modem von zu Hause)
[WARNING: I can read mail headers and I complain to spammer's postmasters!]