Wrong domain is not checked ?

David Bannon D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
Wed Feb 24 23:55:54 GMT 1999

At 08:49 PM 24/02/1999 +1100, Daniel Fonseca wrote:
>On Wed, 24 Feb 1999, Dave J. Andruczyk wrote:
>
>> > Even with policies, people are able to execute command.com without
logging
>> > in.  from there you can run explorer.exe and you have all you need.
>> > getting around even the best 9x security can be trivial.
>>

>Gone a little offtopic, but I didn't started it! :-)

No, but maybe I did. I told someone that to make their samba (or NT)
controlled domain secure, to use NTws not 95/98. I still think my answer is
basicly correct, yes you can do all sorts of things to 95 to fix each
seperate avenue of attack but thats no substitute for a operating system
that is designed to be secure. NT certainly is not perfect but at least the
designers tried ! Over the years I have used some (but not all) of the
tricks mentioned, there was always something else needed and admin get
harder with each trick !

But lets get back to the chase, this list is all about using Samba PDC with
NTws, please lets keep it there !

David
David Bannon                      D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
School of Biochemistry            Phone 61 03 9479 2197
La Trobe University, Plenty Rd,   Fax   61 03 9479 2467
Bundoora, Vic, Australia, 3083    http://bioserve.latrobe.edu.au