NT WS in samba domain problem.

David Bannon D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
Wed Feb 24 21:38:13 GMT 1999

At 10:11 PM 24/02/1999 +1100, akorud at polynet.lviv.ua wrote:
>Hi. I have such problem:
>1. I had NT PDC with domain name 'TEST' and NT WS connected to it.
>2. I changed NT PDC to samba PDC wihh workgroup = 'TEST'.
>3. W95 see 'TEST' as PDC and log to it without problems.
>4. On NTWS I set that it is member of workgroup 'TEST' and all is OK.
>5. When I try switch NT to domain 'TEST' i got message:
>"You are already connected to domain TEST. Please disconnect first"

Take the NTws out of the domain or workgroup to some arbitary workgroup
name (ie 'workgroup'), reset the samba passwd (*) for it and then rejoin
the (TEST) domain.

* smbpasswd -a -m machine

where machine is the the name of the NTws concerned.

David Bannon                      D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
School of Biochemistry            Phone 61 03 9479 2197
La Trobe University, Plenty Rd,   Fax   61 03 9479 2467
Bundoora, Vic, Australia, 3083    http://bioserve.latrobe.edu.au