Wrong domain is not checked ?

Pedro Miguel Frazao Fernandes Ferreira pfrazao at ualg.pt
Tue Feb 23 13:03:27 GMT 1999

David Bannon wrote:

> At 09:11 PM 23/02/1999 +1100, Diego Cimarosa wrote:
>
> >I have a network of 25 PCs running Windows98,
>
> 1 PC running Linux Red Hat 5.2
> >and samba-2.0.2-19990209 as NT server. My goal is to prevent access to
> >the machines without a proper account authentication.
> >

> Then you need to use NT workstations, not win98 (assuming that win98 does
> not do it any better than 95). Sorry.

	I have done this. Just checked it now and when I go to W95 I use my
username, password and some invalid domain: the result is that I can not
login. I used policies for w95 from the w95 resource kit, seted up the
computer for user level access: I believe you must install the w95
resource kit and also a patch for this RK. They are available from the
company you all know in something they call Technet online, I belive.

Pedro