Simple question

Christopher Woods chris at netquarters.net
Mon Feb 22 21:25:45 GMT 1999

On Mon, 22 Feb 1999, Bill Nugent wrote:

> One thing I forgot to mention - NT seems to become confused if you
> restart Samba too many times - more than 5 to 10 times seems to be the
> unlucky number so I fell into the habit of rebooting the NT box every
> four or five times I restarted Samba while experimenting with smb.conf
> values, etc.

Well, I think that and having a mismatch between what Samba expected and
Win'95 was giving as far as password encryption seemed to solve my
problems!!

Thank you very much Bill.  I am happily logging into my linux SAMBA
machine and able to read/write to shares etc.  This is great!!!!

Thanks!!

                            Christopher Woods
                          chris at netquarters.net