2.0.2 SID problem?

Werner Gaubatz Werner_Gaubatz at physik.tu-muenchen.de
Fri Feb 19 19:47:05 GMT 1999

Andy Bakun wrote:

> In Control Panel | System | User Profiles, Adminstrator accounts have
> the ability to "copy" a profile.  Could this make it easier to do this,
> rather than having to use regedt32?
>
> <snip>
>
> > <snip>

I'v had no success to read this profile again as a normal user
in a first trial step. The access infomation is stored in the
NTUSER.DAT file. Somehow you have to get the information, who might
read this profile into this file.

Once i found the legthy and somwhat difficult solution for my 10 or 12
users, i used it and did'nt spend more time with control panel to
copy a profile. So i don't know, who get's access to this new profile.

Maybe control panel is easier..... you'll have to try how to get in
the access rights for the users.

As far as i understood this NT bussiness, regedt32 was the only way.

Werner Gaubatz