trust account machine$ should be in DOMAIN_GROUP_RID_USERS

James W Bennett jimb at tara-lu.com
Thu Feb 18 00:47:17 GMT 1999

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

> On Thu, 18 Feb 1999, Eloy A. Paris wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm using today's CVS snapshot of the HEAD branch and I am getting
> > this message in smbd's log file:
> >
> > trust account chapu$ should be in DOMAIN_GROUP_RID_USERS
> >
> > Also, both Server Manager and User Manager for Domains are crashing on
> > my NT4SP4 workstation.
>
> how many accounts do you have?  i have a large-number-of-users bug to fix
> in SamrEnumDomUsers (or SamrQueryDisplayInfo).
>
> > Could these two things be related?
>
> no.

We are geting the same symptoms here with our NT4SP4 Workstations. 10-15 users.

If you need any tracing let me know.

There also appears to be some kind of dirty buffer or unterminated string
problem
during login. Sometimes the username in the log files appears correct and
sometimes
it has apparently random characters appended to them.

CVS from 13 Feb
NT4SP4 Workstations
RedHat Linux 5.2, Kernel 2.0.36

--
Jim Bennett                           Tara-Lu Corporation
email: jimb at tara-lu.com               voice: (907) 688-6138