Roaming profiles not being updated

Dave J. Andruczyk dave at www.buffalostate.edu
Tue Feb 16 16:17:37 GMT 1999

> My roaming profiles get updated only during the first login but after
> that I need to reboot my NT workstation and login again to have them
> updated. After I reboot and login again NT prints a mesage saying that
> "your local profile is newer than the one stored in the server, do you
> want to use the local profile instead of the remote?"
>
> This is Samba 2.0.2 and NT workstation 4SP4.
>
> Any help will be appreciated.

seems like the system clocks are out of sync between the server and
workstation.  consider adding "net time /set /yes" in your logon batch
file, so as to sync the workstations time with the server. (the above
command works for win95/98, but I did NOT test it under NT, but I would
assume it does work).  (test from command prompt first)

Dave J. Andruczyk
Instructional Support Associate
Department of Technology
Buffalo State College