what is this in log.nmb?

Andrew Tridgell tridge at samba.org
Mon Feb 15 13:02:08 GMT 1999

> Can anybody explain me, what is the meaning of the numbers below?

Look at the SV_TYPE_* definitions in source/include/smb.h

> What is the difference between PC1, PC2 and PC3?
> What is that number 2 in the PC3's row?
>    MBAPLANNING(1) current master browser = BEETHOVEN
>     BEETHOVEN 400c9b2b (Beethoven szervere)
>     PC1 40011003 ()
>     PC3 40011203 ()
>     PC2 40011003 ()

the 2 indicates that PC3 offers print services. See the
SV_TYPE_PRINTQ_SERVER definition.

Does anyone feel like writing a pretty printer for the types? It would
be nice to print:

(40011003: LOCAL_ONLY,POTENTIAL_BROWSER,NT,PRINTQ,SERVER,WORKSTATION)

even better if we could have a generic routine for bitmap printing
that takes a structure list like this:

{
 {SV_TYPE_WORKSTATION, "WORKSTATION"},
 {SV_TYPE_SERVER, "SERVER"},
}

and then pretty-prints a value on demand

Cheers, Tridge