Mac Dave 2.1 and Samba 2.0.0/2.1-pre-alpha don't communicate

Gerald Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Sat Feb 13 20:52:23 GMT 1999

Bill Nugent wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> I noticed a few posts on this in the Samba archives, I
> bumped into this today and got a little futher than the
> other folks appeared to.  Dave is able to do things expect
> it doesn't realize it so it gives error messages.
<snip>

I remember there was an issue that once you support the NT
SMB commands, DAVE expects you to support NT streams as
well which Samba does not currently.  Thursby has a fix
for this i think, but I do not remember which version of
DAVE exhibited the problem and which version contains
the patch.

Jeremy or Luke, can you elaborate?

jerry
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter