network neighborhood problems

Jan van Rensburg jan.van.rensburg at epiuse.com
Thu Feb 11 10:15:22 GMT 1999

NN problems again. My samba 2.0.2 server running on RedHat Linux 5.2 doesn't
show up in the Network Neighborhood. When i do a find computer, i can find
it just fine, browse the shares etc. I've searched through the list archives
but don't see anything  useful. I double checked my broadcast address on the
samba box. The samba server is configured to use an nt wins server.
from smb.conf:

wins support = no
wins server = 10.10.10.10 (nt wins server ip)
wins proxy = yes (should i take this out)

another stange thing, when i run server administrator the samba machine is
greyed out, but when i click on it i can view users, shares etc.

any ideas? (i'm fresh out).

thanks,
--jan van rensburg