Samba 2.0.2 PDC, Shares and Printers

Pedro Miguel Frazao Fernandes Ferreira pfrazao at ualg.pt
Wed Feb 10 20:37:45 GMT 1999

	Hi All,

	I am trying to set up a Samba PDC, which will have NT Workstations, W95
and W98 as clients. User authentication is ok, roaming profiles are ok,
access to PDC shares is ok. Good Work.
	Problems:

	1) In two NT Wkst clients I would like to share a disk or be able to
access their c$ share. I can not do it because I can not set permissions
on the new share, and accessing trough \\machine\c$ never gives me
access irrespective of user/pass combination used.

	2) I have two printers set up at the PDC. W95 clients are ok to print
and manage printer properties. NT Wkst clients can print but they can
not set other printer properties (paper type, size, stuff ...).

	Problem number one is very important to me, so if anybody has got a
hint I would apreciate. Thanks.
	Below I am sending parts of smb.conf file:

# Global parameters
        workgroup = BLABLA
        server string = blabla
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        name resolve order = wins bcast lmhosts host
        socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_THROUGHPUT SO_RCVBUF=4096
SO_SNDBUF=4096
        domain admin group = root
        domain admin users = root
        logon path = \\%L\%U\WinProfile
        logon drive = z:
        domain logons = Yes
        os level = 65
        preferred master = Yes
        domain master = Yes
        wins proxy = Yes
        wins support = Yes
        message command = csh -c 'xedit %s;rm %s' &
        create mask = 0740
        directory mask = 0750
        printing = lprng

[oki16]
        comment = OKI Okipage 16n LED Page Printer
        path = /tmp
        print ok = Yes
        postscript = Yes
        printer driver = OKIDATA OKIPAGE 16n