Domain logons for NT WS

Bas.Kelderman at eptl.elf-p.fr Bas.Kelderman at eptl.elf-p.fr
Wed Feb 10 14:01:31 GMT 1999

I upgraded to samba 2.0.2 yesterday hoping that finally the only NT WS
on my network would be able to logon to the domain. I tried adding the
machine to the smdpasswd file but when I tried this I constanly got an
"user MACHINE$ unknown in system passwd file". I hope that I don't have
to create an account for eacht NT WS in the system psswd file?

The Win9x machines al log on the domain very nicely, logon paths are
defined though the profiles are kept in the users home directories
(this because users all have their own station and don't, or hardly
ever, switch workstation).
Is there an easy way to get the NT machine to log on to the domain?

Thanks in advance.
Bas