Turning OFF Network Profiles Safely

Jamie ffolliott jmeff at engsoc.queensu.ca
Sun Feb 7 23:49:13 GMT 1999

Well, i'd assume that the profile gets downloaded, the HKEY_CURRENT_USER
hive (ntuser.dat) gets loaded in the registry, and then the logon script
runs.  The user doesn't get to their desktop until the login script
completes.  Alternatively, you could create a new Default Profile for each
user with your custom registry settings, and reset roaming profiles (not
something that makes users very happy though ;)  See the Profiles and
Policies guide at
http://www.microsoft.com/ntserver/management/deployment/planguide/prof_polic
ies.asp

But I'd have to say try what you had in mind, and see what happens.

Jamie