Turning OFF Network Profiles Safely

David Bannon D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
Sun Feb 7 21:35:20 GMT 1999

At 11:44 PM 05/02/1999 +1100, Greg Dickie wrote:

>I'm betting it is not the profiles in general but the Internet Expoiter
>settings in the prifile thats is causing your problems. It has been discussed
>here before and I have seen it, this braindead app wants to save all its
cache
>files on the server!
>
>Has anyone made a .reg to turn this off?

Yep, dont forget to make sure there is a line feed after last line.

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Netwo
rk]
"DisablePwdCaching"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
Settings\Cache\Paths]
"Directory"="c:\temp"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
Settings\Cache\Paths\Path1]
"Directory"="c:\temp\cache1"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
Settings\Cache\Paths\Path2]
"Directory"="c:\temp\cache2"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
Settings\Cache\Paths\Path3]
"Directory"="c:\temp\cache3"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
Settings\Cache\Paths\Path4]
"Directory"="c:\temp\cache4"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
Settings\Cache\Special Paths\Cookies]
"Directory"="c:\temp\cookies"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
Settings\URL Settings]
"Directory"="c:\temp\history"

David.
David Bannon                      D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
School of Biochemistry            Phone 61 03 9479 2197
La Trobe University, Plenty Rd,   Fax   61 03 9479 2467
Bundoora, Vic, Australia, 3083    http://bioserve.latrobe.edu.au