NT/Samba 2.0.0 password problem

Tommy Ho tommy at decisive.com
Wed Feb 3 01:26:16 GMT 1999

I believe this may not be the problem that happens the first time. I
have a RedHat 5.2 running with Samba Server 2.0.0. Everything work
alright with secuity of smb.conf on server mode.

	security = server
	encrypted password = yes
	password server = PDC

However, when I tired to change to user mode, I cannot pass the
authorization.

	security = user
	encrypted password = yes
      smb passwd file = /etc/smbpasswd
      username map = /etc/smbusers

I have followed the instruction to use pwdump to extract the smbpassd
and created some username map. I even tried looking up FAQ, setting
clear text logon, changing /etc/pam.d/samba. Nevertheless, none works.
What I get is knock out from \\samba\IPC$ for incorrect password. Any
idea.